- There are no screens on windows (OK, it's like that in Vancouver).
- Cars drive on the left side of the road. That's why I almost get hit every time I try to cross the road.
- Drainage pipes run along the outsides of the buildings (see photo).
- The milk for cereal is heated.
- A barbecue is called a "braai" (pronounced "bri", as in "Brian"). And they rarely use propane, but rather briquettes and wood.
- No salad dressing.
- LOTS of French.
- There are far more Blackberries here than iPhones. That's good to see, being a Waterloo home-owner.